Thanksgiving is a treasured American tradition that provides an opportunity for us to spend special time with loved ones and give thanks for our blessings. For many of the men and women serving our country overseas, Thanksgiving can be a difficult time.
The Big Thank You is a national initiative to send hand-written thank you notes to service men and women deployed overseas during Thanksgiving. It is spearheaded through a nationally syndicated morning radio show called The Bert Show that is based in Atlanta and was once broadcast in the Washington, DC metro area through 107.3FM.
Harper’s Choice is collecting letters to send overseas to honor and appreciate the men and women who are not able to spend Thanksgiving Day with their families. Letters will be collected at Kahler Hall through October 17, 2014. On October 17, you are invited to Kahler Hall between 10AM – 2PM to write your letter and help prepare the letters for shipment. Materials and supplies will be provided. Letters from all ages are encouraged.
Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements. The purpose of the letter is to express thanks to military personnel currently deployed outside the United States. We reserve the right to eliminate those messages that are political in nature and do not reflect a positive message in the spirit of Thanksgiving.
- All letters must be on 8.5″ x 11″ paper or smaller
- No glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or anything attached to the paper
- No construction paper
- Decorate using crayons, markers, pens or pencils
- Use both sides if you like, but use one page per letter only
- Do not send greeting cards or photographs
- Feel free to include your mailing and email address
- Individual letters should not be sealed in envelopes
- Do not send anything except letters
Please contact Susan Coghlan at 410-730-0770 for more information or to set up an additional drop off location for letters.