A message from Howard County Bureau of Environmental Services:
Due to severe weather on June 21, residents may have extra yard trim and food spoilage. Please see below for options.
- Residents with weekly curbside yard trim collection are reminded that brush and branches must be less than 4inches in diameter and less than 4ft in length. Bundles must weigh less than 40lbs. Yard trim in plastic bags will not be collected. Please be patient as collection crews work to safely complete their routes.
- Residents without curbside yard trim collection are encouraged to haul material to the woodwaste area at Alpha Ridge Landfill (2350 Marriottsville Rd., Marriottsville). Alpha Ridge Landfill is open Mon- Sat 8am-4pm. There is no charge to Howard County residents for this material. Material set out for curbside collection will be collected as trash and each item (4 item limit per household) must weigh less than 40lbs.
- Commercial haulers will be charged the current rate of $25/ton for brush.
- Those who lost power and had food spoilage should dispose of items as trash or take it to the Alpha Ridge Landfill for composting. Landfill staff will direct to the proper area. No meats, dairy or fish accepted for compost.
- Two temporary sites are available for woodwaste:
- Burleigh Manor Middle School, 4200 Centennial Lane, Ellicott City, MD
- The Howard County Living Farm Museum, 12985 Frederick Road, West Friendship, MD (across from the Howard County Fair Grounds).
The hours for both sites are today (June 23) 12pm to 4pm, and on June 24 and 25, 8am to 4pm. Please follow directions at site. Sites are limited to woodwaste material only (brush and branches), no trash will be accepted. Only Howard County residents hauling woodwaste will be accepted.
Leave a Comment