Columbia (CA) Association’s Board of Directors is in the process of reviewing the budget for Fiscal Year 2020 — and will host several opportunities for public comment between September 2018 and February 2019.
Fiscal Year 2020 is the second year of CA’s two-year budget cycle. This past February, CA’s Board of Directors passed the budget for Fiscal Year 2019 (which runs from May 2018 through April 2019) and a conditional budget for Fiscal Year 2020 (which runs May 2019 through April 2020).
The public — including residents, representatives of village community associations, advisory committee members and others — will have ample opportunities for input at CA Board work sessions and meetings.
These work sessions and meetings will be held at 7:30pm at CA Headquarters, 6310 Hillside Court, located off Stevens Forest Road near the county emissions inspection station. Meetings can be viewed live at ColumbiaAssociation.org/livestream and are archived online by the following Monday; work sessions are typically not recorded.
Speakers are encouraged to provide written versions of their remarks. There will be time limits for each speaker. Testimony may also be submitted via email at Board.Members@ColumbiaAssociation.org or via USPS mail to CA Board of Directors, care of Columbia Association Accounting Division, 6310 Hillside Court, Columbia, MD, 21046.
The full CA budget schedule can be found at ColumbiaAssociation.org/budget. Highlights include:
- Thursday, September 27 — CA Board meeting
- Thursday, October 11 — CA Board work session
- Thursday, January 10 — This CA Board work session will include deliberations on proposed additions and deletions.
- Thursday, January 24 — This CA Board meeting will include deliberations on proposed additions and deletions.
- Thursday, February 14 — This CA Board work session will include deliberations on proposed additions and deletions.
- Thursday, February 28 — This CA Board meeting will include a discussion and a vote on whether to approve the final Fiscal Year 2020 budget revisions.